UUDeview-32 revision history
Version 1.4 -- June 23, 2002
- Added encoding and decoding support for yEnc.
- Added StrictFilenames decoding option.
- Some minor decoding engine improvements.
- Removed code that prevented multiple dots in output filenames.
Version 1.3 -- December 30, 2001
- Improved decoding engine.
- Edit command in "Files to Decode" list.
- Command line now supports non-interactive "batch mode" encoding and
- New decoding options:
- Automatically generate unique output filenames
- Decode automatically after preview complete
- Preserve filename case
- Recycle input files after data is retrieved
- Select alternate Temporary Files folder
- Skip application prompts during Edit and Launch operations
- Strict MIME compliance
- Bug fixes.
Version 1.2 -- February 21, 1998
- Product rebuilt with C++ and static MFC libraries to increase
performance, reduce dependencies, and decrease download size.
- Smaller working set (uses less memory) and reduced system resource
- Multithreading. This makes the user interface run more smoothly.
Especially impressive on multi-processor machines.
- The ability to "associate" UUDeview with decodable files (e.g.,
.hqx, etc.). If you activate
this feature (through the "Options" dialog box), you can launch UUDeview
from Explorer by double-clicking a decodable file. The file(s) you
double-click will appear in the "Decode these files" window.
- The ability to load filenames into the "Decode these files" window
from the UUDeview command line (a corollary to the "associate" feature).
Version 1.0 -- May 11, 1997
- Initial version.
- Modified on 13 May to reduce download size by 200KB (change of
Desaware DLLs). Still the same program, just a slightly smaller download.
As of December 2001, no further development is contemplated for the
16-bit version of UUDeview. However, the program will still be offered for
Version 1.1a -- February 25, 1997
- Fixed problem that caused UUDeview to crash if a file was renamed
during a decode operation.
Version 1.1 -- January 22, 1997
- Fixed problems affecting certain BinHex files.
- Improved decoding algorithms.
- Slightly reduced consumption of Windows System Resources.
- Context menus for "files to decode" and "decode preview" windows.
- New "Launch" and "Decode & Launch" commands.
- Decode Preview window now shows marker indicating text information
ahead of binary data.
- "Tool Tips."
- Encoding to clipboard.
- Online help.
- Option added to show debug output during loading and decoding.
- Decode Preview operation shows explicit error message if no encoded
- Example file added to distribution.
Version 1.0 -- July 31, 1996